For legal and copyright information, please refer to the header notice inside each script.
1) Open cfg.pl with a text editor and then edit the variables. All system pathes should look somewhat
like /home/httpd/cgi-bin/ranking/members... If you are not sure what your system path is, do not just put in "anything" or the URL. It will not work. You can usually obtain the system path from your server admin.
2) If the path to perl on your server is different from
then you will need to change it on the first line in firsttime.pl, result.pl,
survey.pl, and survey-admin.pl.
3) Upload all files and the "data" directory to your cgi-bin in ASCII(plain text) mode.
To make your life easier, you should create a sub directory under your cgi-bin and upload the files
and the directory into the sub directory.
Chmod the directory to 777 if you get a permission denied message while you try to create the admin password later on. For example, /cgi-bin/survey.
Please visit our FAQ section if you want to know how to upload a file in ASCII mode.
*You should try to chmod all files and the "data" directory to permission "775" first. If the it works (you don't get any permission denied message),
you can just skip step 4 and 5.
4) Chmod all *.pl files to permission "755".
5) Chmod all *.txt files and the "data" directory to permission "777."
Please visit our FAQ section if you want to know how to chmod a file.
6) Execute firsttime.pl with your browser. For example: Point the url of your browser to http://www.youname.com/cgi-bin/survey/firsttime.pl.
It will ask you to set the admin password. Delete firsttime.pl with a ftp or telnet program after the password is set.
7) Log in survey-admin.pl to create a survey.
©1999-2001 CGI-Factory.com of SiliconSoup.com LLC